Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Altitude hold crash...

I crashed again this morning before work. I know that I had all the mode switches in the right place in the right order. This is very frustrating!!! ARGHHHHHHH
A brief look at the data implies that the Gain was just WAYYYY to high, but it should be identical to the flight gain where the helicopter did perfect altitude hold. This time in addition to th parts listed form the last crash I broke the tail boom and side frames. I see at least 8 hours of work to be flying again. I'm going to have to find a way to sneak up on this one as its getting expensive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another happy Taiwannosaurus customer.

Anonymous said...

Can you make a sacrificial cage of balsa wood around (parts of) your helicopter?

Anonymous said...

another further out idea, using ducted fan or the "coanda flyer" config for testing. crashes ought to be a lot less expensive.